Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Cavaliers and Buckeyes each with big wins

Yesterday was a good day in basketball for me. Last night the Cavaliers beat the San Antonio Spurs 82-78 and the Buckeyes beat the Indiana Hoosiers 74-67.

The Cavs improved their record to 18-12 and earned a season sweep over the Spurs. This win came on the strength of a 38 point 4th quarter. I didn't get to see this game, but I'm glad they won.

For the Buckeyes (now 12-2) this was their first Big Ten game. Indiana is a pretty big basketball rival. Hoosier fans usually revert to how good their basketball team is when their football team is made fun of, so it was great to beat them in both sports. My favorite part of the game was when Greg Oden blocked a shot in the closing minute to secure the win. He knocked the ball halfway up the court, keeping it in-bounds and the clock running. He is such a beast and I can't wait for his cast to come off. One thing I noticed was that OSU missed a lot of 3 pointers while Indiana seemed to hit almost every 3 they tried. It was frustrating at times, but the fact that they won is most important.

No comments: