Friday, February 9, 2007

Cavs defeat Champs, Puck Bucks pull one out


The defending NBA Champion Miami Heat were in Cleveland Friday night, and the Heat weren't so hot. I did not get to see any of this game, because I was at the OSU hockey game, but I just saw a SportsCenter highlight of the game and it seems as if LeBron had several big dunks. He also had 29 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists. Larry Houghes tossed in 16 points and Sasha Pavlovic had 15 points, a real good game for him. Ilgauskus and Gooden were rebounding machines, Z had 10 and Drew grabbed 13, as well as 10 points, making him the only Cavalier with a double-double. All of this added up to a 103-79 blowout win over Shaq, D-Wade and company. A very big win at home it was, and Cleveland is now 29-21 and 2 games shy of Detroit for both the division and conference lead.
On to hockey.
Tonight I played in the pep band for the OSU vs Northern Michigan hockey game. Now of all the schools in Michigan I'd say NMU is the one I have the least of a problem with. They play in Marquette, a town in the Upper Peninsula, which is the one part of that state up north that I like and would like to visit again. Also, I've been told that NMU's band director went to OSU. But none-the-less, their school has the word Michigan in it, so fuck 'em
;-)
Anyway, the game was one of the better ones I've seen. There were lots of penalties and big hits. OSU had a 1-0 lead after the 1st period. Then NMU took a 2-1 lead, but the Bucks tied it up at 2 all just before the 2nd intermission. The Buckeyes would score the only goalin the 3rd period and skate away with a 3-2 victory, making their current record 11-13-5 (not the best year for hockey at OSU). There was a good atmosphere in the Schott and I had a fun time.

No comments: